Chairman, President, and CEO Stewart D. Roberson, Ed.D.
In what Stewart Roberson calls the “first chapter” of his career, he was a longstanding, highly-regarded educational leader who has fostered relationships across the nation and around the world. An educator for over 35 years, Stewart served as a public school superintendent for 21 years. When he became chairman, president, and CEO of Moseley Architects in 2011, Stewart observed that “public service is in his DNA,” and that he wanted his “second chapter” to include opportunities to provide leadership to an entity serving the public interest. Joining Moseley Architects, with its significant presence in public sector facility design, makes that possible. “I view my second chapter as one in which I’m able to help preserve and enhance a highly successful team focused on outstanding client service and continuous improvement,” reflected Stewart.
- Board of Governors of International Baccalaureate
- Board of Trustees of AdvancED, the world’s largest educational accrediting agency
- Board of Trustees of the Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges
- Executive Committee of the Greater Richmond Chamber of Commerce
- Chair, Bridging Richmond, a collaborative of business leaders, school superintendents, college presidents, and human service providers
- Past President, Urban Superintendents Association of America
- Past President, Virginia Association of School Superintendents
- AdvancED National Excellence in Education Award
- Virginia Superintendent of the Year
- Doctoral degree, educational leadership and policy studies
- Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters
- Superintendent Emeritus, Hanover County Virginia Public Schools